Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's So NOT the Climb!


So, its been six months since the blessed day that Kien arrived and I began my slow descent from the weight gain of pregnancy.

Granted, I have already lost a significant amount of weight. How did I do it? Giving birth--obviously.I have already lost nearly all of the weight I gained over the course of my pregnancy, minus about 10 pounds....But I could stand to lose another 20pounds in addition to that, so I feel like I've got a ways to go yet.

And for whatever reason-it's making me feel a little Grinchy today. Perhaps its because of the holiday season and the constant presence of all sorts of "Who-Hash" and every day a party where we sit down to feast. And we feast. And we feast. And we FEAST! FEAST! FEAST! FEAST!

So, maybe because of that, or maybe its because of my four pound setback on my descent down the slope of weight gain, I'm feeling a little annoyed about it today. Boo to the people that leave the hospital fitting back into their regular jeans. I reject them! (But secretly wish I could be a part of your exclusive club).

Hence, the title to my post. Down with Miley Cyrus and her ballad of encouragement to all. Because today, it is SO not the climb.

Now, back to my usual cheery self.****

Happy freakin' holidays.

****Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this tirade are the brief personal opinions of the blog owner and in no way reflect the general holiday attitude of said blogger. She is actually quite excited about Christmas and the holiday season and wishes each and every one of you a Happy and Merry!

4 comments:

Bingham fam said...

HE HE!!! I too have been gaining weight from all the yummy foods from this holiday! It is sad, but I think I will wait till after new years to get my butt back into shape! JUST ENJOY IT!

bella utahan said...

Oh how I miss you!!! We arrived in Sicily last night, and this morning I was told that I look more "fit". My reply was: "then when I was with child"? Oh, the weighty issues!
Merry Christmas!

Andrea said...

Megan....you are historical! I loved reading this post, I too despise those exclusive club members who can fit right back into their skinny jeans when the leave the hospital!
I am sure you are looking fabity, fab!
How are you by the way!! Do you still have access to my blog??

Bingham fam said...

Hey I don't really know if I have a number for you guys so I thought I would write on you blog! We want to have a little get together with some friends and wondered if you guys would be able to come this friday The 8th at 7 We would love to see you guys. Get back to me if you get this ok!